Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Sunday, November 23, 2008
She has just learned that her boys, of eleven months, will be returned to their biological mother next week. Please pray that God's will be done in this situation, and pray for Becca and her hubby, that they will lean on HIM for guidance.
My mom showed me this...........hilarious! And, to think......he knows EVERY SINGLE MOVE!
Man, I freakin' wish I had half of her rock hard body!
Thursday, November 20, 2008
1. Started your own blog
2. Slept under the stars
3. Played in a band ---does the tambourine at my 19th bday party count? (and the high school band)
4. Visited Hawaii
5. Watched a meteor shower
6. Given more than you can afford to charity
7. Been to Disneyland - trip planned for September
8. Climbed a mountain
9. Held a praying mantis - no interest!
10. Sang a solo
11. Bungee jumped
12. Visited Paris
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch
15. Adopted a child
16. Had food poisoning
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty
18. Grown your own vegetables
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France
20. Slept on an overnight train
21. Had a pillow fight
22. Hitch hiked
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill
24. Built a snow fort
25. Held a lamb
26. Gone skinny dipping
27. Run a Marathon - scheduled for January
28. Ridden in a gondol a in Venice
29. Seen a total eclipse
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset - my first date with Scott
31. Hit a home run
32. Been on a cruise
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors
35. Seen an Amish community
36. Taught yourself a new language
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone rock climbing (does that fake wall count?)
40. Seen Michelangelos David
41. Sung karaoke
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant
44. Visited Africa
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight
46. Been transported in an ambulance
47. Had your portrait painted
48. Gone deep sea fishing
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling
52. Kissed in the rain
53. Played in the mud
54. Gone to a drive-in theater
55. Been in a movie
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business
58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Visited Russia
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies
62. Gone whale watching
63. Got flowers for no reason
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma
65. Gone sky diving
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp
67. Bounced a check
68. Flown in a helicopter
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial
71. Eaten Caviar
72. Pieced a quilt
73. Stood in Times Square
74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been fired from a job
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London
77. Broken a bone
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person
80. Published a book
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had your picture in the newspaper
85. Read the entire Bible
86. Visited the White House
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating
88. Had chickenpox
89. Saved someone’s life
90. Sat on a jury
91. Met someone famous
92. Joined a book club
93. Lost a loved one
94. Had a baby
95. Seen the Alamo in person
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
97. Been involved in a law suit
98. Owned a cell phone
99. Been stung by a bee
100. Read an entire book in one day
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
I could post 35 things that are a sign that he is OLDER than me........but, I will save myself the time to dig those up!
Sunday, November 16, 2008
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Just for a day, I suppose, but none-the-less, I do feel that way today! I guess that is the ups and downs of the training.
So, I set out for my "long run" today, and I only made it 12 miles. Yikes. 12 miles. And, I know that is great.......I mean, just a few short months ago, I would have killed for 12........but, that being said, I still have more to go.
My feet hurt, my toes felt like they were all broken at the joint, my knee, oh, my right knee. My hip, my back was throbbing, and it was ultra cold. So, I just could not get warmed up.
So, 6 miles short of my goal, I stopped. Yes. Just dead stopped in the road, and turned around. To WALK home (oh, the horror, I walked!)
I felt defeated for the entire 2 mile walk home. UGH!
So, I began to talk to my pshyche, and to listen to God. You know what:
I press toward the mark. I will not be defeated.
I can do ALL things!
My chains are gone, I've been set free.
God with us. God with us.
Jesus, bring your rain.
I have been tested, and when I am finished, I will come through pure as gold.
The Lord gives and the Lord takes away, blessed be his name.
***********So............tonight, as I sit, after my very unproductive and defeated Veteran's Day.............I am reminded that with only 2 months away, I have trained, and I have trained my body, and am only 9 miles short of my goal! My training is right on target, and I will see this thing through.
Every day CAN'T be a good running day, and I will grab my ipod, and try again another day! And, yes, I WILL do it!
(oh, and I think I'll run over to Fleet Feet tomorrow and get some new shoes: just in case!)
2 months and counting! Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
Well, guess what...........we fly out in the morning....going again! Someone pinch me! I can hardly believe it! It's gonna be the best!
And, we are going to a private movie screening! I won't give too much info now, but you might want to tune into the show Thursday! Hint, Hint!
Ok, lots of bags to pack, boys to get ready, hubby to smooch on, and laundry, oh the laundry!