Have you ever been to O'hana at Disney's Polynesian Resort. Well, if you have, then you know the goodness of the Bread Pudding....but if you have not, I swear to you, it's worth driving there RIGHT NOW from where ever you live :)
So, it makes my mouth water, as I type, but, I thought that it would be sinful if I did not share with you this fabulous recipe.
Now, let me tell you that I tried it, and I am not a "candy boiler" kind of person.....so I burnt it.And when I say I burnt it, I mean that I had to throw the pan away. Not kidding.
So, YOU give it a try, and just invite me over :)
3 cups whole milk
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 1/2 cup sugar
8 cups french or ‘Ohana breakfast bread
1. In bowl mix eggs, milk, salt, sugar, and nutmeg. Set aside.
2. Cut bread in medium (usually 2-inch) pieces and place on cookie sheet pan. Put in 350 degree oven.
3. Bake bread until lightly toasted: about 15 minutes. Remove bread and place in egg and milk mixture.
4. Place mixture in a greased 10-inch cake pan, and bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour.
5. Let stand 5 minutes; serve hot with ice cream.
BANANAS FOSTER SAUCE
4 oz sugar
4 oz brown sugar
4 oz corn syrup
4 oz unsalted butter
1 cup heavy cream
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup spiced rum
1 cup banana slices
1. Combine sugar, brown sugar, corn syrup, butter, and half of heavy cream in a large pan. Bring to a boil and slowly add remaining heavy cream keeping mixture at a steady boil.
2. Add spiced rum and flambe.
3. Candy will brown slightly; cook 3 minutes until candy forms into a firm ball in cold water. Remove from heat and add vanilla. Add sliced bananas. Serve warm.
**I am also posting on the Main Street Memories blog, for my Disney followers