Saturday, October 13, 2007

Race for the Cure.........what a success

Ok, so I am not sure if I have ever been more proud of myself as I was running across that finish line. A smile on my face, my pace set, and my legs feeling like I could have done 5 more miles, atleast!

The thrill of 11,000 people (yes, you read that right! 11 THOUSAND). Runners and Walkers. Ladies and Gentlemen. Boys and Girls. Old and Young. One common cause: Breast Cancer and the Hope for the Cure.

What an amazing experience.

I finished in my personal best time, I finished 13 overall in my age group. Really. That's amazing for me. 11,000 people. 13th in my age group! That makes me so proud. I wanted to do my best. I wanted to run and run and keep running. I know that won't bring the cure, but man, it sure felt good to play a tiny part in it all.

And the PINK. Oh my goodness. All the pink. The ribbons, the survivors, even the Bagels. Oh my! It's the best ever. Can you tell, I loved it??

And, for that special survivor that I shared a Starbuck's blessing with, may God Bless You with many years and joys.

Praise the Lord. What a day!


**********Oh, and did I forget to mention that I raised a total of $272.00. What a blessing. Thank you all for your help. It just keeps on giving.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go, B!!!! So proud of you and all your running friends today!

Amy Nabors said...

way to go! my sister did the 3 mile run in that this morning i think.

Sharla said...

You are so awesome!
I'm still amazed at all you get done in life.
I've been lurking on your blog, so I have a few comments:
1) Congrats on the house, it is beautiful.
2) I bought some Flat Bread today.
3) Your boys are so BIG now!
Love ya!
Sharla

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Some things you might like!!