Thursday, June 16, 2016

Disney. Alligator. Grief. Unfriend.

This was my facebook post for today.
It comes straight from my heart:



I'm not big on "unfriending" for trivial stuff.
I don't mind if you rant about politics. I don't care how you feel about gun control or not. I don't care if your views vary from my faith in the God I serve.
Heck. I don't even care if you are an auburn fan :)
I'm just ok with us having different thoughts and opinions. That's what makes the world go 'round.
But.
Insensitive jokes about the alligator. Hateful judgement about the mom and dad.
That'll make me play the unfriending card.
I have buried my own child.
I have walked away from a cemetery with a little tiny mound of dirt (actually my husband carried me).
And only by the grace of God, my life goes on.
I can't handle hiding behind a keyboard with a thoughtless joke or comment.
May God give endless grace to that family today as they woke up praying this was a bad dream.
Because I woke up, hoping it was...on their behalf.
‪#‎PleaseUnfriendMe‬
‪#‎SoIDontHaveTo‬
‪#‎BeKind‬
‪#‎PeopleAreHurting‬

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Some things you might like!!