Wednesday, October 14, 2009

White Chicken Chili

Let me say that I am NOT a "by the recipe" kind of cook......so, I kind of add a little whimsy here and there, when I feel like it. But, that being said, this recipe is delish-i-ous!



1/2 stick of butter
1 large onion (white) chopped
5 cans Great Northern Beans (drained and rinsed)
1 can Cream of Chicken Soup
5 large cans of Chicken (drained) and if you are a domestic goddess, you can use the real chicken breasts that you have to boil and cut...duh....not me!
1 package of White Chicken Chili mix (usually it comes with a few different packets...and I just use the seasoning packet....not the mesa, etc)
1 package Chili Seasoning
1 can Rotel Tomatoes (I use original, if you are wild you can use spicy!)
3 T Chili Powder
5 cubes chicken bouillon
2 cans of chicken broth



**Saute onion in butter until translucent (and until you are finished crying).

Add drained and rinsed beans
Add all other ingredients.
Add extra broth while cooking, if you like it a little thinner! I do!
Simmer on low to medium....for about 2-3 hours (or until you can't take the yummy smell any longer)

Serve with tortilla chips, or Fritos Scoops!

I top with a little cheese, and sour cream!

Can you say YUM!

1 comment:

Gretchen said...

i might have to try this one!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Some things you might like!!