Monday, February 23, 2015

Princess weekend 2015




This is one of my most favorite weekends of the year. 

I would be lying if I said it wasn't a little stressful in the months leading up to it...registering for the run (stressful!), making sure the details are all in place, and just being sure my i's are dotted and my t's are crossed. 


But...what is so much fun is knowing that the fun is just beginning. Making dining reservations, forming somewhat of a plan, and adding a few little magical touches... #LoveIsInTheDetails

7 years in a row. 

We've completed this event since the beginning. 

Each year, we have a few new princesses...and we show up as strangers, but by the end of the weekend, many lifelong friendships are formed.  

It's a total blast. 

In this bunch you have moms, sisters, friends, daughters...but the fact is, you have women that juggle everyday to make life work. 

So this is a way to push yourself a little further than you thought you could. Accomplish something that many are afraid to try. 

But for me, it's just fine combination if all of that. 
Thru the years, we've had injury. 
We. Have. Had. Injury. 

Pregnancies, bulging discs, stress fractures, torn ligaments, cancer-free celebrations, and more. And we've all just rallied up to get it done. 

But for me. I've had injury. And I've hated it. This is NOT the weekend for me to be needy. Or dependent. This is the weekend I want to be a macho-super-woman-rockstar. 

2013--I walked it in a boot. Because I has a stress fracture that would. not. heal. 

2014--I had GallBladder surgery 4 days before flying to Orlando. 

And everyone was "my people". They helped my hobble, they pushed me in a wheel chair, they wrapped my bandages, and yes. They even put up with my whining. 

But not this year. Nope. No ma'am. 
No injury. No protective sign on my back. 
No problem!!!




I'm super thankful for my princesses. For my relationships with them. And for our community we have formed. 

Once you come in, even if you don't run every year, you're always one of us!! 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Some things you might like!!