Thursday, August 9, 2007

Please, let it be over soon!

So, last night, I really pumped the boys up. Encouraging them for the upcoming year. Getting them ready, Chap will make some new friends, and see some old. Mas will be at the Jr. High with 7th and 8th grade coming together, and some of his b'ball buddies will be there.

I prayed with each of them individually last night, instead of the usual "huddle" and prayed for excellence, and for their successes,and prayed for great teachers and a wonderful schedule and prayed that they would reflect Christ as they journey throughout their day. I prayed that God would order their steps and their actions, and that they would find joy over and over as the year goes on.

Woo-freakin-hoo. I hope they bought that. I hope they believed that I am really excited for a new year. Because I am not! I did mean my prayers but I meant them as much for me as for them.

I dropped Mason off in what seemed like a sea of sharks searching for their next vicitim. I even heard one guy say..as Mas got out of the car..."who's that kid". They were all in their very well established cliques. I think it hurt me more than anything. The tears came freely and I just prayed as I waited in that ever so long car line. I prayed confidently that he would cultivate friendships that were positive and strong and encouraging and clean. I prayed that God would give him wisdom and discernment to stay away from the trash that invades this generation of kids. Lord, please, protect him at that place.

Oh, and then to take Chap. Good grief, just turning onto the road before the school. I was becoming a wreck. I turned the air up, hoping to completely dehydrate my tear ducts. Crazy.

So, I already don't have the best attitude about this year, and I am actively praying about that.

As Chap walked in, he was immediately put to work. So, he sat down (at the seat the has been moved since just 2 days ag0) and he shot me the --it's gonna be a long day--smile and I gave him a grin. Snapped a quick picture (yes, just one....I felt thankful to be able to take that one!) and gave a wink and I was out.

What, are you serious? That's it. Yep, out the door. I could not get to my car quick enough. I was almost running. Crying beneath my shades, and even until now.

Good grief, I miss Ms. Whitten.

Where is the love for a mother?

Dear Lord, please let 2:50 come quickly. ( or better yet, let the school call and say that my boys just can't live without me! Yeah, that's it!)

1 comment:

jenney said...

Aw!! HUGS!! I hope both boys have wonderful school year!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Some things you might like!!