Thursday, June 26, 2008

Wow!!!! A teenager!!!!!!!!!!!




WOW! 13 years ago today, man, I was so nervous! Would I love him? Could I take care of him? Would he love me back? What to do with a boy? I've always wanted a girl! Oh no!
I remember crying, just sobbing, when he was born (c-section) and they said, "you are a mom!"
Oh my goodness! How overwhelming!

And, then, I'll never forget the emotion on my sister's face when she had tears in her eyes, and said "oh, Brittney, he's perfect" AHHHHH! What a wonderful day!
13 years? really! Is that just amazing to think about?

--------reality check----------
Oh no! A teenager?! Oh no! Driving soon! Permits, license, car, high school!!!!!!!!

What an awesome responsibility! Raising a teenager! A young man. A hero.

So, I took this pic last night. He went to be, still a kid, per se.

And, so when he woke up............ a teenager............a fantastic breakfast in bed was his wake-up call! Yummy pancakes, one plain, one chocolate chip, just like he likes it! With a good ole glass of chocolate milk! What a great start to his day!




Uh oh! Then there's dad! As I delivered the breakfast in bed, Dad followed right behind me with his most opera-like version of Happy Birthday tooooooooooo yoooooooooouuuuuuuuu!


Now, if you've never heard Scott's opera version of a song...............you should! It is GREAT........and crazy loud..............hilarious!

So, the day has started off great! Now, if I can just keep it together!

A bunch of kids and a rock-climbing party! How fun is that!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's so funny....I have a very similar pic of Jason singing HIS opera version of Happy Bday to one of the girls. Crazy!

You are such a fun mom! Those boys don't know how great they have it! You'll do just fine today....I know you will!

lucysinspired said...

yOu are a great mom! lucky for you....you also have great kids!

Happy Birthday, Mason!

Unknown said...

WOW - you must really be getting OLD, girl! Imagine being in my position with one married (one grandchild HERE and another ON THE WAY), one in the Marines, and one 16-year old! THEY ALL DRIVE! You'll do fine! Just take it a day at a time and be prepared for the teenage attitudes! FYI - although not EASY, boys are easier than girls at this age!

Amy said...

such a great post :) Isn't it hard to believe how fast they grow up!! Looks like you guys had a great day!

Gretchen said...

Happy birthday to Mason!
My birthday is 1/6.
I love chocolate chip pancakes myself.
I am just sayin'.

gimmegodiva said...

So how was the party? That sounds so fun!

gimmegodiva said...

Hey! Email me! Lisa and I are getting together Tues., and want you to come, but I don't have your email or phone number!! gimmegodiva@bham.rr.com

angie worthington said...

i have a teenager, too...my daughter turned 13 last month..i am NOT ready for this!...
;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Some things you might like!!