Thursday, December 10, 2009

2 a.m. Reflections


I am including the pictures as a reminder.....for myself.

It's after 2am, and it's like God woke me from my sleep.....something I cherish.....to remind me that I am so blessed.

I am sitting in my living room, typing to the glow of the lights on my tree....surrounded by my favorite time of year, in my favorite cozy spot.

My children and my husband are sleeping soundly. Even the dog is asleep in his favorite spot on our front porch. Life is not just good.....it is amazingly wonderful.


Yet, sometimes I forget just how blessed I am.

I have been working this week at Chap's Santa Shop.....an event that I hold dear...and look forward to all year. It is a labor of love...but it is a blessing....and tonight...on silly facebook....I took my blessings for granted.

I made a comment that was not so nice. Yes, I know. It's ok. No real harm done. But, I might have hurt someone's feelings. Or, I might have just been to hard on the situation. And, I am truly sorry.

I am so blessed, and God has provided such a wonderful home for me, and how dare I take that for granted, when, right now, as I type, people are hurting. Especially, more, at Christmas.

So, as I look at these pictures.....and my tree.....and I have noticed that this year...there are no ornaments on the bottom! Because both of my "elves" are tall this year...and they can reach higher than in years passed. Sad. But blessed.

Just the simple reminders that God is so good to me. I am sorry, Lord, that I took it for granted, and especially sorry, that I said it outloud. Please, if I hurt YOUR feelings, forgive me. And, Lord, I ask yours too.

And, if anyone, other than me--because I am sure I will need to re-read this--is still reading...Merry Christmas in advance...take a minute, to recognize those little blessings.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

good post...i need to do a little reflecting myself, sometimes it just hurts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Some things you might like!!