Saturday, May 15, 2010

Tiny Blessings



Thank you Lord for the tiniest blessings.


Trivial to some. Crazy fun dream to me!

A couple of months ago, I was on a trip with some girlfriends.....and as we came down the escalator of the airport...I said outloud “I have *always* wanted someone to be waiting for me at the airport with a sign with my name on it”.

I have always thought that would be cool. Kind-of like I am “somebody”. Really important.

Well, that happened to me this weekend! Check out this guy! Waiting for me! Yes, little ole me.



So, the funny thing is...I was in the towncar (the one he picked me up in!)...and I thought to myself how cool this whole things is...and then it’s like the Lord spoke right to me. I AM somebody. Someone really important. I am His Child. He made me.

I am a mother...a wife...a friend...a sister...I have so many roles. I am not the best or perfect at any of them, but I try. But, regardless of my imperfections, I am really special. We all are.

It’s so funny how it took that moment...almost like a little dream come true...for me to have a self-worth check. And, it does NOT take a guy holding a sign to validate my worth (but...it sure was nice :) )

So, on this trip, in my room, running through Beverly Hills....I had kind of a revelation...a time where I realized that my everyday reality is fun....because we make it that way. My kids love life. We don’t live mundane. Always on an adventure. Making the most of the little blessings we have been given.

And, I totally like it that way! So, my challenge to you, blog reader....go have yourself an adventure.....and remember that you are REALLY important....and if you don’t think you are...call me....I’ll come pick you up and I’ll have a sign with your name on it :)

7 comments:

Lisa said...

Thanks for the message that *I* really needed to hear this week!!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

A sleepless night so doing a little blog hopping....

I have a Disney Giveaway on my main blog...Hope you will stop by.

http://teresa-grammygirlfriend.blogspot.com/

~marie said...

i love this one! such a great reminder for the stay-at-home girl who so often feels like 'just' a mom is not enough. :)

Amanda said...

Love it, Brittney! It was so fun to meet you in LA! Two Alabama girls, living less than 2 hours apart, meeting for the first time 2500 miles away from home! :) Looking forward to shopping @ Summit- and I can't wait to see the rest of your pics!!! :) TTYL! :)

Unknown said...

Dear Brittney,

Thank You for entering the Bake Up Summer Sweets Contest. I hope you are given the opportunity to own a new KitchenAid mixer so you can whip up your brownie recipe with ease.
Thank You and Good Luck!
The Beso Team
Beso.com

Mandy said...

Amen, sister! I think as women we don't value ourselves enough. God made each of us and loves us dearly!!

Angie B said...

That would be so cool. good for you that you've had that experience. I'm following you now from Follow me friday. Stop by if you get a chance: http://angiewith2.blogspot.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Some things you might like!!