Friday, January 19, 2007

Less than 12 hours away

This time tomorrow, I will either be able to say "I did it!!!" or I will have to say, "it kicked me!"

Tomorrow, I will be running my first 5K. One of my 10 things to do before I die. I don't know why, I am not a runner, not even an athlete - not at all. But, I have always thought it would be neat to say that I ran a marathon.

Why is it when I say "I am running a marathon" people say WOW, and then when I say 5K, they say "oh, that's all." WHAT? Only a 5k? ! ? As if everyone is out and about just running 3+ miles everyday for casual.

Well, for me it is a major task, and adventure if you will. I am just so excited, and so proud of even the fact that I have "trained" and conditioned myself to run, to actually be fit enough to even consider running. I am just so excited!

So, I have eaten my pasta (as I saw on a running show......that you should eat pasta the night before a big run, because you burn those carbs easy). I have my banana ready for in the morning, shoes are ready, new Red Nose Run shirt, washed and ready to wear, MP3 loaded with my fave songs, and even my cute skull cap ready for the 27 degree low temps that we are expecting!

Off we gooooooooo......................


but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. Phil 3:13-14

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Some things you might like!!